Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Letter to Life

Dear Life,

if i stay tonight,
what will you give me?

what will happen,
that will make this worthwhile?

because right now,
i'm just about done with your shit.

i am broken,
but that does not mean

that i cannot feel
anymore.

i am close,
but not that close.

so i guess
what i ask of you,

life,
is that you stop being

such an asshole to me.
i want you

to give me some control,
okay?

because this is not
what i want.

this...
i dont like this.

i might not know
what i want just yet

but bear with me,
tone down the pain,

the fear,
the anger,

and give me
a second

to breathe.
that's all i ask.

so maybe,
if you can do that for me,

i can figure out
what's so great about you.

what everyone
seems to be

bragging about.
because right now

you look to me
like a tornado

tearing up
everything that once had

meaning,
and scattering the

pieces of my
mind, of my thoughts

all over
this field of

piercing daggers
that tear apart every chance

that i have
at hope.

but maybe
theres a slim chance

that you can change.
i've come to like

these daggers
these knives

in my mind,
as they have created

a cushion
that i always fall on

but if you give me reason to

maybe i can
leave them behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment