Tuesday, July 29, 2014

typical

i wake up just fine
until i realize that my spine
is not broken and my head begins to whine
about why i should decline
this offer of life 'cause y'know im not fine.

and i brainwash myself
throughout the day because when you see yourself
in the mirror you shiver because in it of itself
you're just a stupid elf
so i keep my mind occupied to keep away from myself.

and when night grows nearer
and my thoughts become clearer
i begin to fear her 
'cause i cant see out my rearview mirror

anymore and my stomach drops
and everything stops

and i think it'd be a good thing
to bring
out all my demons until i hear the ring
of my own screams echoing in my ears and i spring

from my own skin petrified.

and just before the morning
my friends call out a cry of warning

and i could never do it in the first place
and i begin to chase
my own tail over and over because this race
cannot be won and with a straight face
i sit in my place

and think about dying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment